Andrew Porter is a massage therapist, acupuncturist, and the owner of Somavia, a company dedicated to aligning individuals with the healing, awakening, transformation & unique life purpose found in the body. He is certified by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), the California State Board of Acupuncture, and the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
Andrew graduated from The Oriental Healing Arts School of Massage Therapy in Anchorage, AK in 2006 with an extended focus in Swedish, Deep Tissue, Tui Na (“toy-na”) Chinese Sports Massage, and Thai Yoga Massage Therapies. Embodied in his unique style and technique is 15+ years of Tai Chi, Qigong & Meditation practice.
Andrew received his core education in the Taoist Healing Arts while living in Anchorage, AK, completed over 3,200 hours of training in Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine, and earned his Masters in Acupuncture and Herbology from Five Branches University in Santa Cruz, CA. Andrew also works as both an acupuncturist and massage therapist for Apple Wellness Center in Cupertino, treats private clients in Seascape Village, and teaches Qigong and Tai Chi here in Santa Cruz.
Certifications & Trainings
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of California
- Board Certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certified (American Heart Association)
- American Acupuncture Council
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique by the CCAOM
- Graduate of Five Branches University of Acupuncture; Masters Diploma in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Certified Massage Therapist by the California Massage Therapy Coucil (CAMTC)
- Certified Field Instructor for the American Chen Taiji Society (ACTS)
- Certified Qigong Instructor & Medical Qigong Therapist by the International Institute for Medical Qigong (IIMQ), Alaska
- Certification in Tui Na (“toy-na”) Chinese Sports Massage by the Beijing National Sports Hospital, China
- Performs Acupuncture, Gua Sha (therapeutic scraping), Cupping, Moxibustion and Therapeutic Massage