DNS Sports Specific 3 Day Running Course
Santa Cruz, CA
May 6-8, 2016
Precision Physical Therapy & Fitness
8030 Soquel Ave. Suite# 200
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Petra Valouchova, DPT, PhD
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Jeff Moreno, DPT, OCS
Michael Rintala, D.C.
Course Objectives: DNS Running Sports Specific course
• Postural-locomotion function from a developmental perspective
• Developmental kinesiology aspects for ideal stereotype of running and other sports performance
• Biomechanics of gait and the running cycle
• Basic core stabilization as a prerequisite for locomotion patterns
• The role of the diaphragm during aerobic exercise; dual postural-respiratory diaphragmatic function
• Correction and training of the proper breathing stereotype
• The extremities functional differentiation for running - stepping forward and supporting function for the contralateral pattern of running
• DNS exercise positions to train core stabilization as a prerequisite of the ideal running stereotype
• Biomechanical and developmental kinesiology principles for foot centration & foot orthotics and selection of optimal shoes for different type of running
• The most frequent types of musculoskeletal dysfunction resulting from non-optimal running stereotype and poor methodology of training: plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, knee pain, hip pain, low back pain
• Stretching and coordination exercises from the developmental perspective in order to get ready for running; educating the runner
Meeting of the Minds
Following each day of instruction we are going to have a 1 hour open discussion on anything and everything related to the running athlete. This is a unique experience to help facilitate discussion and allow everybody to share their expertise and thoughts in an open forum. This discussion that will not disappoint!
*Space will be limited in order to only 40 attendees in order to provide an ideal ratio between instructor and students. We have spots already reserved and expect the course to fill up quickly, so reserve early to insure your spot attend.
The course fee is $700 USD
In addition, there is a fee of 80 Euros (~100 dollars) for the Prague School. You MUST register with the Prague School website first by clicking the link below.
Prague School registration fee helps:
- to support DNS scientific activities,
- to collect new video/photo material,
- to develop the DNS handouts and publishing activities,
- to present the DNS system at the scientific congresses, and
- to present the DNS concept online.
Once you have completed registering with Prague School, including paying the fee, please follow the PayPal link below in order to complete the course registration. If you have any other questions please contact us.